Herbal Home Remedies for Rashes and Hives
Herbal Home Remedies for Rashes and Hives - Ayurvedic Medicines-Natural Treatment
Skin rashes and hives indicate excess pitta or heat in the body; the Ayurvedic approach IS to provide a cooling effect from both the inside and outside.
For immediate relief
Whatever the cause of the rash, whether allergies, an insect bite, or something else, cilantro juice will be immediately effective. Wash fresh cilantro, chop it into pieces, put it into the blender, add 1/3 cup of water, and blend. Drink the juice, and apply the pulp directly onto the skin.
Herbal Cure Pack for Rashes and Hives
Dos and Don'ts:
- Don't scratch over it else while lead to spreading and swelling.
- Pour some astringent lotion over the surface to prevent itching.
- Instead of readymade powder of turmeric, take a root of turmeric and scrub it over a hard surface and mix it with curd and apply it. It will prevent from allergies and also curd acts as a good moisturizer and soothes it.
- Chew few Tulsi leaves as it will tend to reduce the allergies.
- Avoid those foods to which you are allergic.
- Haridra khanda is a well known effective drug which is widely used in the management of dermatological problems. Haridra is well known for its anti allergic properties.
- Application of doorva with haridra churna and til tail is beneficial.
The following remedies applied directly to the skin will help soothe and heal rashes and hives:
- If you have a fresh coconut, break It open and apply the coconut water to the rash.
- Melon can also be soothing to rashes> and hives. Eat some melon, and rub the remaining rind (not the outer tough skin) over your skin. With watermelon, eat the red part and rub the white part of the rind onto your skin.
- For rashes, hives, and other high-pitta conditions such as nausea, steep 1 teaspoon coriander, '/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1 teaspoon natural sugar in 1 cup hot milk. Drink once or twice a day.
- You can also use a paste made of sandalwood and turmeric powders mixed in goat's milk. This paste is healing for the skin. The formula is simple:
turmeric 1 parti
sandalwood powder 2 paris
- Mix up about a teaspoon of powder in this proportion, add sufficient goat's milk to make a paste, and apply it to the affected area. Cow's milk is acceptable, but goat's milk is more effective. PLEASE NOTE: Your skin will look yellow for some time-up to 3 or 4 days-after you use the paste.
For internal healing
Here is an effective formula to help restore health to your skin from the inside:
- Coriander 2 Parts
- Cumin 1 Parts
- Raw natural sugar 2 Parts
Steep 1/2 teaspoon of this mixture in a cup of hot milk, and drink it once or twice a day until the condition is healed.