Herbal Home Remedies for Toenail Infection
Herbal Home Remedies for Toenail Infection - Ayurvedic Medicines-Natural Treatment
When persons who have thick, tough toenails cut their nails in a convex curve, as the nails grow the edges may start to penetrate the skin and cut the soft tissue. This may lead to inflammation, swelling, pain, and possible infection. Generally, the nails of vata and kapha individuals grow stronger, so they are more prone to toenail infection. Shoes that are too tight can create pressure on the nails, also potentially leading to toenail infection.
The long-term solution is simply to cut the nail straight across, or with a slightly half-moon shape (a concave curve). That allows the nail to grow straight forward instead of into the skin at the sides.
Herbal Cure Pack for Toenail Infection
The above pack is for 30 days. Following is the dosage details:
Nirgundi Oil : External application .
Neem Capsules : 2 capsules twice daily.
Curcumin : 1 capsule twice daily.
Generally the nails of toe are affected frequently than the finger nails. The toenail infection is commonly due to fungi. When the nails are moist frequently, it provides an environment for infection. And it spreads to other toes also. It becomes red, swollen and sometimes itching.
- Wipe well with a towel after a bath.
- Soak your foot in warm water added with salt. Then scrub slightly over the surface with an astringent lotion.
- Pour water boiled with neem leaves in the form of a stream. It will reduce the infection.
- Wear clean cotton socks. Avoid using nail polish.
- Don't use things like nail-cutters belonging to others. Trim the nails often and keep it clean.
- Before going to sleep, keep a cotton swab soaked in neem oil on the toe.
- Those who are diabetic should take much care of the nails.
If the nails have already begun to grow under the skin, soak your foot in warm water to soften the nails. When the nails are soft, clean them and apply some tea tree oil mixed half and half with neem oil under the nail. Then cut the nail straight across.
To prevent recurrences, wear soft shoes that are not tight, and cut the nails straight across or in a shallow half-moon shape.