Gugullipid is a planet resin containing natural sterones called Guggulosterons which are useful in lowering the cholesterol levels and reduces pain naturally. Gugullipids are not only effective in lowering cholesterol but are natural alternative to pain killers. Guggul Capsules are an effective natural pain relief and useful in all types of inflammation.
BOTANICAL NAME-Commiphora mukul
Common Name: Balsamodendron mukul, Indian Bedellium, and Guggulow, moqle-arzagi, Gugulipid, Mukul myrrh tree, guggul gum, guggal, gugglesterone, guggul, gugulu and gum gugal.
PLANT PART USED: The Gum of the Commiphora mukul
Guggul is naturally occurring resin from the plant Commiphora mukul. It is commonly known as Myrrh tree. The resin is one of the most effective herbal pain reliefs. It is an effective herbal pain killer without causing any side effects. It not only helps to reduce pain in natural way but also helps to reduce the swelling.
The main indications of use of Guggul are
- Painful inflammatory conditions - like tendinitis, bursitis, arthritis, muscle sprain and strain, fractures
- Muscle pull, body aches, fever
- Swelling due to injury
- Chronic fatigue, chronic inflammation due to any reason
- Coronary Artery blockages, Venous Thrombosis, Inflamed Blood vessels ( Vasculitis)
- High Cholesterol - Very useful to decrease the high cholesterol levels, Can be used along with Arjuna Capsules or Arjun tea.
- Skin inflammatory conditions like acne especially those with pus and swelling. Popular Guggul preparation mentioned particularly for acne is tablet Kishore Guggul ( check the herbal tablets section of our website).
Habitat of this tree: Rocky tracks of Western India and Eastern Himalayas
Guggul is the yellowish sticky resin (or gum) that is produced by the mukul myrrh tree. A small, thorny plant that grows throughout northern India and Arabia.
It is also found in northern Africa and central Asia but is most common in arid and semi-arid regions of Northern India, particularly in Gujarat and Rajasthan.
Guggul tree produces a resinous sap referred to as guggul gum. The guggul extract from this gum is called gugul lipid (Gugullipid or guglipid.)
The active ingredient in the guggul extract is the steroid called guggulsterones, which helps to lower cholesterol synthesis in liver. Commiphora Mukul Herb Extracts (Guggul Gum) has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicine to treat obesity and other weight related problems. Today, Guggul is frequently used to help lower cholesterol levels.
It was traditionally combined with other herbs for the treatment of arthritis, skin diseases, and pains in the nervous system, obesity, digestive problems, infections in the mouth, and menstrual problems. In the early 1960s, Indian researchers discovered an ancient Sanskrit medical text that appears to clearly describe the symptoms and treatment of high cholesterol.
Indian researchers discovered an ancient Sanskrit medical text, Sushruta Samhita, in the 1960s. This classical medical text prescribed guggul for the treatment of obesity (medoroga), a disease that closely resembles the symptoms of high cholesterol and hardening of the arteries. Indian scientists subsequently tested animals and found that guggul gum both lowered cholesterol levels and protected against the development of hardening of the arteries. These trials culminated in a pilot study that examined guggul's effectiveness in humans.
Guggul Medicinal Uses
Ayurvedic medicine uses guggul herb in treatment of many diseases. Guggul herb is an 'ushan virya' herb with hot potency. As such, guggul is used to treat diseases caused mainly by vata dosha prominence. However, effects of guggul herb can also suppress all the three aggravated doshas and therefore it works as tridosha suppressant. According to Ayurveda, guggul can effectively treat "coating and obstruction of channels," that helps in preventing and treating atherosclerosis and other medical conditions caused due to high levels of lipids in the body.
- Ayurveda recognizes guggul benefits in treating various medical conditions. Guggul extract is used for lowering cholesterol levels and lipids as well as for weight loss along with other uses of guggul herb.
- It harbors anti-inflammatory properties, which is why gugulipid was used to treat such conditions as arthritis. Guggul is a very useful anti inflammatory and pain relieving herb. It treats pain by suppressing vata which is the main pain causing factor. Thus, guggul is used for treating rheumatoid arthritis, gout, osteoarthritis, sciatica, paralysis, hemiplegia, lymphadenopathy and other such chronic pain conditions.
- In Ayurvedic medicine, it is used to remove "Ama", or deposits of waste or toxic material in the body, including mucus and mineral deposits in the joints, thus reducing a possible cause of sluggishness, inflamed joints, and many other conditions. A direct anti-inflammatory effect has been observed for guggulsterones.
- Guggul also improves immune system by increasing the production of red blood corpuscles (RBC) and improving the activity of white blood corpuscles (WBC). Guggul lipid also helps eliminate and expel dead tissues, wastes, and toxins from the body.
- Guggul herb is a very good blood purifier and is thus used to treat various skin diseases including leprosy and eczema. A small controlled trial compared oral gugulipid against tetracycline for the treatment of acne was carried out, and reported equivalent results.
- Guggul herb, due to its antibiotic effects, is widely used for treating infectious diseases.
- Guggul is a very useful herb for treating various heart problems. It appears to reduce the risk of blood clots by inhibiting blood platelets from sticking together. Guggul inhibits platelet aggregation and hence lowers the risk of coronary artery disease and stroke.
- It also may promote cardiovascular health by preventing the build up of plaque in the arteries, which if left unchecked can lead to heart attacks. Guglipid offers considerable benefit in preventing and treating atherosclerotic vascular disease (Heart disease). This guggul has great effect in preventing heart atherosclerosis, or narrowing of the arteries.
- Guggul significantly lowers serum triglycerides and cholesterol as well as LDL and VLDL cholesterols (the "bad" cholesterols). At the same time, it raises levels of HDL cholesterol (the "good" cholesterol.
- Guggul herb is also beneficial in treating hypertension as it helps in lowering blood pressure to normal levels.
- Guggul is also used for weight loss in obese people as it promotes thyroid function. As guggul herb has hot potency, it helps in activating body metabolism resulting in weight loss. It may increase thermo genesis through stimulation of the thyroid, potentially resulting in weight loss
- It appears that gugulipid may have the ability to stimulate the thyroid gland to increase its hormone production. Therefore, this action would promote and increase in metabolism, which in turn promotes weight-loss.
- Guggul is also used for improving digestive disorders by avoiding indigestion and constipation. It is a good appetizer and also grants relief from hyper acidity and belching.
- Guggul benefits also include its effectiveness in treating upper respiratory tract infection by suppressing kapha dosha. It is used as expectorant i.e. in cough problems. It is also beneficial in asthma. Gargles with guggul dissolved in water can treat tonsillitis, mouth ulcers, upper respiratory tract infection, throat irritation, pharyngitis and stomatitis effectively.
- Guggul is also an aphrodisiac as its regular use improves sexual ability as well as sperm count and sperm quality.
- Guggul herb is also beneficial for women's health as it gives relief from menstrual problems like painful menses, cramps and other related conditions.
- Guggul benefits are for promoting overall health as well as for providing youthfulness with longevity. As such, guggul herb is used as an important ingredient in Chaywanprash. However, Ayurveda restricts everyone from taking guggul in raw form.
- In addition, this herb harbors antioxidant properties. Antioxidants are compounds that help protect the body from cellular damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are highly reactive substances that can attack and damage cells, which can lead to premature aging and disease.
- Guggul helps reduce high cholesterol; because it lowers harmful low-density lipoproteins while elevating beneficial lipoproteins.
- Googol gum extract should always be used with milk, water or in herbal medicine preparations
As a dietary supplement offering the consistent benefits of exact potency, one capsule morning and evening
This is a vegetable capsule
Each Planet Ayurveda Gugulipid capsule, provides the greatest concentration of active botanical principles, maximizes the synergistic benefits of this Ayurvedic gum.
Guaranteed Maximum Potency: Each Planet Ayurveda formula is scientifically standardized to the highest level of active principles.
Planet Ayurveda Shield:
An exclusive purity and safety system including light-resistant bottle, airtight inner seal, moisture-absorbing packet, tamper-evident safety cap and tamper-proof full bottle seal.
Vegetable cellulose (USP) and purified water.
Free from artificial colors and preservatives.
Free from the common allergens yeast, wheat, soy and milk.
Keep tightly closed in cool, dry place.
Keep out of reach of children.